Saturday, November 19, 2011

A Tribute to Tim Hatlestad, CCIM


This week has been a very difficult one for me.  I found out on Thursday that one of my good friends, Tim Hatlestad, went home to be with the Lord.  This has been an emotional roller coaster for me as I process him not being here any more. My heart goes out to his wife Keri, daughter Morgan, and son Griffin. 

Tim has always been a true inspiration to many in the CCIM arena, and he has mentored and taught countless numbers of people throughout his time with the CCIM Institute.  He was an incredible instructor, and well-respected amongst his peers.  He was a humble man who wasn't afraid to put others first and himself second or even third.  He was a family man who loved them with all of his heart.  He continually gave of himself to his church and the mission field throughout the world.  He wasn't afraid to stand up and go against the flow, even though he might have caught flack from his peers.  True leaders know that sometimes you have to do the hard things, even though not everyone will agree with you.  He was a true leader! 

He always made me laugh, and he wasn't afraid to even poke fun at himself time and time again.  He was a forward-thinker; always looking for ways to do something better within the CCIM organization.  Tim was an encourager.  He would always put his arm around me and encourage me in so many ways.  For that, I am extremely grateful.  

Tim lit up a room.  When he was in it, you knew it.  He made you feel welcome and appreciated.  He was an incredible CCIM Institute President; and he led with passion, desire, and integrity.  He was also a servant leader, one who continually put others first.  He didn't need to take the credit.  That wasn't like him.

I will miss working alongside of him on the Executive Committee, and just sitting down and talking about life, family, church, and whatever else the conversation led us to.  

Thank you for the great memories, my friend.  You will not be forgotten!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment